Alchemy Leadership Labs
Exploring a variety of capacity building topics, the Alchemy Leadership Labs are meant to be a resource for all. The Leadership Labs further the goal of strengthening nonprofit organizations, and are open to all levels of staff and board members. Alchemy Leadership Labs are a free series of workshops that empower staff to find new formulas for organizational success. The sessions are hosted as half-day trainings or webinars that are led by top experts in their respective fields. To ensure the relevance of the issues addressed in Alchemy Leadership Labs, workshop topics are based on Alchemy alumni feedback about their needs and priorities. The 2017 session topics include: Nonprofit Engagement in Democratic Processes, Storytelling - Making the Case for your Organization, Social Entrepreneurship, Social Media and Technology, and Succession Planning.
In-person workshops require advance registration and are open to all qualified 501(c)(3) and fiscally sponsored organizations in the five-county region of Greater Los Angeles on a first come, first serve basis.
Registration will open approximately a month before each event. Please check back for more information.
Lab #1: Nonprofit Engagement in Democratic Processes
- Lobbying and Advocacy 101: Legal tips for nonprofit advocates
- Understanding lobbying rules for nonprofits
- Nonprofits and ballot measure campaigns
Lab #2: Storytelling - Making the Case for Your Nonprofit
- How to develop your fast pitch, telling your story in minutes
- How to make your case to raise more resources and funds
- Developing a story that connects people with your cause
Lab #3: Fundraising with Social Media (Webinar)
- Launch a nonprofit or startup crowdfunding campaign
- Step-by-step formula for ensuring the success of your online fundraising
- The best time of day & days of the week to send out social media posts & email blasts
Lab #4: Social Enterprise
- Exploring models of social enterprise, from mission-focused to "cash cows," traditional nonprofit to B-corporations
- Critical considerations in deciding which model to pursue, if at all
- Understanding that your ultimate, desired impact may drive selection of the model
Lab #5: Civic and Community Engagement in the Inland Empire
- In partnership with The Funders Alliance in the Inland Empire
- Civic Engagement 101: Learn how to engage community members for your cause
- Develop strategies to work with civic leaders, partnering on community campaigns
Registration is now open for Alchemy Leadership Lab – Social Enterprise. Due to venue capacity, we ask that ONLY TWO individuals from each organization register to attend the session at Annenberg Space for Photography. Additional staff will be able to view the presentation online and DO NOT need to RSVP below.
Alchemy Leadership Labs Calendar
|February 14, 2017: Nonprofit Engagement in the Democratic Processes|
|June 6, 2017: Storytelling – Making the Case for Your Nonprofit|
|August 30, 2017: Fundraising with Social Media|
|October 30, 2017: Social Enterprise|
|November 2017: Civic and Community Engagement in the Inland Empire Presented in Partnership with the Funders Alliance|